Bok Choy and Mushroom Stir-Fry
Use this in a meal for the whole family! Serves 4 and feel free to add in meat/beans and rice to make a full dinner.
- 2 lbs Bok Choy
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons milk or broth
- Cut off the base of the Bok Choy stalks and throw away. Separate the stalks and leaves. If the stems of the Bok Choy leaves are large, chop finely. Wash the leaves and stalks; drain in a colander.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the green onions, mushrooms, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often for about 5 minutes. Stir in the Bok Choy and milk or broth.
- Cook, stirring until the leaves are tender and stalks are still crunchy, about 3-6 minutes.
- Place in a serving dish and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/sauteed-bok-choy-with-mushrooms-394065