Black Bean Hummus
Hummus is a filling, guilt-free snack that is a healthy alternative to traditional dips. This black bean hummus contains a hint of lime and smoky flavors that pair well with your favorite pretzel crisps or vegetables!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. tahini (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 lime (~ 1 tbsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve with toasted pita chips, pretzel crisps, tortilla, or fresh veggies.
NOTES: For more spice, add in green chili or additional chili powder.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/black-bean-hummus