Beans and Greens
A cheap and versatile meal, this Beans and Greens recipe will be sure to satisfy. With just a few ingredients, this dish is not only healthy, but delicious! Serve over pasta or on its own and enjoy.
• 1 15oz Can Cannellini or Great Northern Beans
• 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
• 1 tsp dried Oregano
• 4 Cups Vegetable Broth or Chicken Broth
• 4 Cups Chopped Hardy Greens, like Kale, Chard, Escarole, Spinach
• 1 tsp Salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• ½ Cup Grated Parmesan, Optional
• 1 15oz Can Diced Tomatoes pureed, OR 2 medium fresh tomatoes, pureed, Both Optional
1. Before beginning, puree tomatoes if using. This can be done in a blender or food processor. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic, herbs, broth, and drained beans to the large pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes to bring flavors together.
4. Add greens and cook 5-10 minutes more.
5. Add salt and pepper. Serve and add cheese as desired.
Recipe adapted from [https://hilahcooking.com/beans-and-greens/]