Balsamic Roasted Beets
- 1 lb beets, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a few grinds of fresh black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place beets in cast iron skillet or on a baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until beets are just about done cooking.
- Remove pan from oven, add garlic and thyme, stir to combine.
- Cook for 10 additional minutes until a fork easily pokes through beets and the edges are starting to caramelize. Remove from heat, and add balsamic vinegar.
- Stir to coat the beets. Taste and adjust the salt if necessary.
Recipe from Early Morning Farm website