Baked Apple Slices
- 6 large apples
- ½ cup brown sugar or maple sugar, or maple syrup, honey or sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup pre-sifted all purpose flour; whole grain, if available
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup apple juice or cider
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large baking dish.
2. Core the apples. Cut each into 6 wedges and arrange in a single layer in the baking pan.
3. Mix the sugar, flour and spices together and sprinkle over the apples.
4. Melt the butter and combine with the apple juice.
5. Pour over the top of the apples and toss gently to coat evenly.
6. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Remove foil and continue to bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Try this recipe using peaches or pears in place of apples.
Recipe courtesy of New York Apple Association and found in Price Chopper Mailer of Seasonal Favorites