Baba Ganoush (Eggplant Dip/Spread)
• 1 ½ pounds of eggplant
• 3 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic, finely minced
• 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F. Slice the eggplants long ways, in half. Rub the sliced side with a bit of olive oil.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil. Place the eggplants cut side down on the sheet. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until the eggplants have collapsed on themselves and are soft. They will be dark and caramelized on the cut side when they are done.
3. Allow to cool. When the eggplants can be handled, scoop out the flesh into a bowl with a large spoon. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth. Add any other fresh herbs or spices that sound good to you! (parsley and smoked paprika work really well)
4. Serve with pita, vegetables, or as a spread on a sandwich. Enjoy!
*Can also be made in a food processor or blender.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from [https://straightfromthefarm.wordpress.com/2007/09/22/forget-the-tahini/]