Asian Tuna Salad
This is a great Asian inspired tuna salad- no mayo required! Tastes great chilled or at room temperature. Serve it over chopped lettuce or in a sandwich.Ingredients:
- 10-12 ounces of canned tuna, drained
- 8-10 small radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Chili pepper flakes (taste for heat )
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- fresh lettuce (optional)
1. Place the drained tuna, radishes, shredded carrot, garlic, ginger, chili pepper flakes, vegetable oil, sesame oil, and rice vinegar in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. When ready to serve, stir in the chopped cilantro and green onion.
3. Serve over chopped lettuce or on a sandwich.
Recipe from http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/asian_tuna_salad/t.com